Culture Quiz of the year
Philistine or Culture Vulture? Look back at a year of art, theatre, music, dance, food and fashion with our fiendishly difficult 2015 Culture Quiz
1. Who took over as Artistic Director of the National Theatre?
2. Which artist famously got his passport back?
3. Which two Ballet stars announced their retirement?
4. What real life scientist did Nicole Kidman play on the West End?
5. What exactly is cult sellout phenomenon You Me Bum Bum Train?
6. Which French fashionista collaborated with Uniqlo?
7. Which band had to pull out of headlining Glastonbury, and why?
8. How many women were there on the Man Booker shortlist of six writers?
9. For what sum did George Lucas sell Star Wars to Disney?
10. Which actor starred on screen as an astrophysicist and a sci-fi villain?
11. Who won the Turner Prize?
12. Which multi-award-winning Irish playwright died?
13. What's the name of the restauranteur behind new Mayfair hotspot Sexy Fish?
14. Who put slides and flying machines on the South Bank?
15. Which Hollywood star contorted himself into the Elephant Man on stage?
16. At which different London locations can you now dine at The Ivy?
17. What's the full name of chart-topping balladeer Adele?
18. What's the name of the little girl in Pixar's Inside Out?
19. Which fashion designer was honoured at theV&A, on stage and at London College of Fashion?
20. Who starred in the Old Vic's one man show about lawyer Clarence Darrow?
ULTIMATE LONDONER? Trivia to test your local knowledge
1. Where do you find The Bar With No Name?
2. From which TFL line did immersive dining experts, Gingerline draw its name?
3. Which theatre was formerly used as a banana ripening warehouse?
4. Which London cinema is Quentin Tarantino's favourite?
5. Where do you find the Temporary Theatre and Dorfman Theatre?
6. Which Peckham arts and party institution came under risk of closure this year?
7. What's the oldest pub in London?
8. In which part of London did YBA Damian Hirst open his Newport Street art gallery?
9. Where does Frieze Art Fair take place?
10. Where will you find Dover Street Market in 2016?
1. Rufus Norris; 2. Ai Weiwei; 3. Carlos Acosta and Sylvie Guillem ; 4. Rosalind Franklin; 5. Immersive theatre; 6. Carine Roitfeld; 7. The Foo Fighters, because Dave Grohl broke his leg; 8. two - Anne Tyler and Hanya Yanagihar; 9. $4 billion; 10. Eddie Redmayne; 11. Assemble; 12.Brian Friel; 13. Richard Caring; 14. Carsten Holler; 15. Bradley Cooper; 16. Covent Garden, Chelsea, Marylebone, High Street Kensington; 17. Adele Laurie Blue Adkins; 18.Riley; 19. Alexander McQueen; 20. Kevin Spacey
1. 39 Colebroke Row, Islington; 2. The Overground; 3. The Donmar Warehouse; 4. Prince Charles Cinema, Leicester Square; 5. The National Theatre; 6. The Bussey Building; 7. Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, Fleet Street; 8. Vauxhall; 9. Regent's Park; 10. Haymarket