High School Musical
What is Disney+?
Disney+ is the production company's own exclusive streaming service, offering a selection of films and TV shows you won't find anywhere else on the internet. It's an application, meaning you can use Disney+ on your mobile devices as well as suitable smart TVs.
What's on Disney+?
The platform boasts the vast majority of Disney's original content, and considering the company now owns all of Marvel, Fox and Star Wars – that's a lot of content. Expect all of the nostalgic animations as well as the Avengers and Star Wars movies.
There's also new content produced exclusively by and for Disney+, such as the new live-action Lady and the Tramp film as well as Star Wars spin-off series The Mandalorian.
Some of the classic Disney and Pixar movies on the streaming service include:
- 101 Dalmations (1 and 2)
- 102 Dalmations
- Aladdin (1997 and 2019 versions)
- Annie (1999)
- A Bug's Life
- Bambi (1 and 2)
- Beauty and the Beast (1991 and 2017)
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- Cars (1-3)
- Christopher Robin
- The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
- Cinderella (1950 and 2015)
- Disney's A Christmas Carol
- Dumbo (1941 and 2019)
- The Emperor's New Groove
- Fantasia (1940)
- Finding Nemo and Finding Dory
- The Fox and the Hound
- Freaky Friday (1977 and 2003)
- George of the Jungle (1 and 2)
- High School Musical (1-3)
- Hocus Pocus
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1 and 2)
- The Incredibles (1 and 2)
- Inside Out
- Into the Woods
- The Jungle Book (1967 and 2016)
- Lady and the Tramp
- Lilo & Stitch
- The Lion King (1996 and 2019)
- The Little Mermaid
- The Lizzie McGuire Movie
- The Lone Ranger (2013)
- Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns
- Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University
- Mulan (1998)
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Oliver & Company
- The Parent Trap (1968 and 1998)
- Peter Pan
- Pirates of the Caribbean (1-5)
- Toy Story (1-4)
And this doesn't even include the numerous series that Disney+ subscribers will enjoy:
- Boy Meets World
- Girl Meets World
- Hannah Montana
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
- Kim Possible
- Lizzie McGuire
- The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- The Mandalorian
- The Muppets
- Phineas and Ferb
- The Suite Life of Zack and Cody
- That's So Raven
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum
How much does Disney+ cost?
It's £5.99 per month, which is the same price as the cheapest Netflix deal, or £59.99 for an annual subscription.
What makes Disney+ so special, against other streaming services?
What sets Disney+ apart is that Disney began as a production company first, and a streaming platform second. This means that the service is populated with original content that they already own, rather than having to license it first and then start producing exclusive material.
There's some licensed content, sure, but it's mainly shows from Fox's back-catalogue, joining Disney+ once their contracts on other services have expired. It's simply the first time that one platform has owned so much content from different sources, making this a heavyweight service that's hard to ignore.
|What||Disney+: content list, prices and more|
24 Mar 20 – 24 Mar 21, 12:00 AM
|Price||£5.99 monthly, £59.99 annual|