The beauty & lifestyle buys that will raise a smile
Expect immediate endorphin release with our curated edit of the best products to beat January blues – they’re guaranteed to offer a positive outlook for mind and body
Even the simple process of applying your skincare, when done slowly and with intention, can be considered an act of mindfulness - and many studies link mindfulness to good mental health.
You can introduce breathing techniques, meditation, and mantras to your regime, or invest in a crystal or two, combining spirituality with skincare. Gone are the days when carrying rose quartz in your purse (or bra) would have raised eyebrows.
Instead, evidence has been found that crystals promoted good physical, mental, and spiritual health during the Renaissance and Ancient Egypt and have been used in traditional Chinese Medicine for at least 5000 years. And as the pandemic was taking hold in 2020, demand for crystals even surpassed that of diamonds.
"Although crystals are pretty to look at, they have more therapeutic value than we fully appreciate. Remember, these were energetic tools used for healing by many ancient cultures who were very intone with this kind of medicine," says Michelle Roques-O-Neil, a spiritual and wellness expert.
The power lies in their vibrations, which give crystals their particular energy and there's a multitude of benefits: "Amethyst helps to reduce stress and anxiety, as well as improve sleep and microcirculation. While jade has powerful anti-aging properties and the much-loved jade roller great for reducing inflammation. Last but not least, beautiful rose quartz is often associated with the heart and can boost confidence; it can also boost circulation, which increases oxygenation and promotes a healthy glow," adds Michelle.
There will always be cynics (and we shouldn't expect introducing an amethyst to bring about a miracle), but if it brings joy, then what's the harm? So let's be kind to ourselves in 2022 and prioritise good moods and great mental health. Here's our pick of the mood-boosting products to add to your basket now.
10 Best Mood-Boosting Beauty & Lifestyle Products:
1. Panik Design Areaware Mirror Mask, £92.50We dare you not to smile as you check your makeup in this joyful mirror before dashing out the door.
Panik Design Areaware Mirror Mask, £92.50 – buy here
2. Liha Goddess Roller Balls, £42
Be uplifted, find serenity and promote inner strength with these luxurious essential oil blends.
Liha Goddess Roller Balls, £42 – buy here
3. Natasha Denona Love Palette, £60
How could you not feel your best with a slick of luminescent pink shadow across your lids?
Natasha Denona Love Palette, £60 – buy here
4. Kora Organics Rose Quartz Luminizer, £25Finely milled rose quartz supercharges this illuminiser for a good glow and vibrations.
Kora Organics Rose Quartz Luminizer, £25 – buy here
5. NEOM Uplifting Mood Bundle, £65
This innovative diffuser and oil blend promotes positivity by creating a joyous atmosphere in any room.
NEOM Uplifting Mood Bundle, £65 – buy here
6. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick 01 and 09 Heart and Stars Caps Set, £70
Wear your heart on your… lipstick case with these beautifully packaged bullets in rich, sumptuous shades.
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick 01 and 09 Heart and Stars Caps Set, £70 – buy here
7. Skin Gym Amethyst 2D Texturiser and Smooth Facial Roller, £48.40Take a moment for yourself – and ease tension and soothe anxiety in the process - with a quick and gentle facial massage.
Skin Gym Amethyst 2D Texturiser and Smooth Facial Roller, £48.40 – buy here
8. Patchology Moodpatch Happy Place Eye Gels, £14Turn frowns (and frown-lines) upside down in just ten minutes with these antioxidant-rich, deeply hydrating patches.
Patchology Moodpatch Happy Place Eye Gels, £14 – buy here
9. Tisserand Aromatherapy Happy Vibes Bath & Shower Wash, £12.50
Who needs a turmeric latte? Boost your morning mood with a burst of zingy and uplifting essential oils.
Tisserand Aromatherapy Happy Vibes Bath & Shower Wash, £12.50 – buy here
10. Stone and Strand Smiley Gold Diamond Necklace, £270
Joyful dressing has found its way into your jewellery box, and nothing is cheerier than a sparkly diamond.
Stone and Strand Smiley Gold Diamond Necklace, £270 – buy here