Nuts and berries: sweet breakfast tartines recipe
Sweet doesn't mean sinful: our foodie and nutrition expert shares this protein-packed breakfast tartine recipe
SWEET BREAKFAST TARTINES
Here are a few samples of sweet tartines, full of indulgence yet perfectly nourishing. Always try to add protein to your snack or meal to balance your blood sugars. Here I am combining the fruits with nuts and/or seeds because I am looking for long-lasting energy and not rocket fuel that will make me crash in a couple hours.
6 slices of sourdough or rye bread (I used rye with sunflower seeds @bionaorganic)
1. Healthy Nutella (click here for the recipe), strawberries
2. Almond butter, blueberries
3. Almond butter, sliced apple, celery, walnut, caraway seeds
4. Cashew nut butter, banana slices, chocolate nibs
5. Rocket, figs, pistachio, drizzle of honey
6. Coconut yoghurt @coconutcollab, strawberries.
Vegetarian; vegan; free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar
Stéphanie Achar: Simple and Healthy
Stéphanie Achar is a qualified nutritional therapist and health coach based in South West London. She is collaborating with Culture Whisper to create a series of seasonal, wholesome and nutritionally balanced recipes.
Find more recipes or book a free nutrition consultation with Stéphanie on her website, www.simpleandhealthy.com