The best pre-party pampering in London
Where to get professionally primped and preened with the best beauty salons and make-up services in London
1. The most glamorous party make-up creation in Covent Garden There’s no better place to get ready to party than in the first-ever standalone Tom Ford Beauty Store. The marble, grey glass, infinity-mirrored beauty playground offers make-up lessons for you and up to three friends, with complimentary Champagne. Plus the brilliant tutorials can be filmed digitally so you can recreate the looks at home.
Where: Tom Ford VIP Make-up room, 3 The Market Building, Covent Garden, London WC2E 8RA
Cost: £65 (booking fee, redeemable against products purchased)
2. The ultimate sophisto-Christmas nail art inspo in W1Previously nail art has run the gamut from downright tacky to tasteless. However, the brilliant people at Townhouse are changing those misconceptions by offering beautiful, minimalist nails that you can wear effortlessly from desk to dinner.
Where: Townhouse, 88 Great Portland Street, London W1W 7NS
Cost: from £35
3. The one-stop beauty shop: where to get Insta-glam in W1Talk about calling in the glam squad. You can combine a DryBy pedi and Suman brow shape with blow-dry and manicure for a top-to-toe glam preening session that’s back-to-back fast. Plus there’s a miracle 15-minute blow-dry (dry shampoo wash) for when you’re super-strapped for time. The CW staffers love Adrian for his versatility – he offers fashion-forward editorial styles to ad-worthy blow-dries, and has tended the tresses of Olivia Palermo and Dianna Argan.
Where: Hershesons 29 Berners Street, London W1T 3 LR
Cost: From £15
4. London’s fastest colouring service in London We love Andres in Soho for his attention to detail and his deftness with both scissors and the foils. If you require a little brightening up, he can add a lovely sun-kissed glow to existing or virgin hair in super-fast time. The perfect pre-party pick-me-up.
Where: Live True London, Soho, Clapham, Vauxhall & Brixton.
Cost: Dependent on treatment
5. Get into the party mood with the coolest hair salon services in London The cool London chain of hair salons is not only offering its usual brilliant blow-dry and up-do services but throughout December it's also serving bottomless Prosecco for £8. We couldn’t think of a better way to get ready to party, can you? PS: there's also a new, very Instagrammable, branch in Spitalfields.
Where: Duck & Dry, Unit 105c, Commercial Street, London E1 6BG (and branches throughout London)
6. The best party recovery facial on Harley Street Back-to-back partying can take its toll on you and your skin. However, you can restore some life into a lacklustre complexion with the new Ultimate Hangover Facial. Sounds gimmicky, but don’t be fooled – it combines holistic massage with the latest non-invasive aesthetics technology to revive, renew, de-puff and detox. Book in with facialist Emma Appleby, who will restore radiance in 45 minutes flat.
Where: L’Atelier Aesthetics, 60 Harley Street, London W1G 7HA