CW Beauty Address Book: The London glam squad
Where to get professionally primped and preened with the best beauty salons in London
1. Pro-party make-up application There’s no better place to get ready to party than in the first ever standalone Tom Ford Beauty Store. The marble, grey glass, infinity-mirrored beauty playground offers make-up lessons for you and up to 3 friends, with complimentary Champagne. Plus the brilliant tutorials can be filmed digitally so you can recreate the looks at home.
Where: Tom Ford VIP Make-up room, 3 The Market Building, Covent Garden
Cost: £65 (booking fee, redeemable against products purchased)
2. The ultimate sophisto-Christmas nail art inspoPreviously nail art can run the gamut from downright tacky to tasteless. However, the brilliant people at Townhouse are changing those misconceptions by offering beautiful, minimalist nails that you can wear effortlessly from desk to dinner. Check out their festive manicure ‘Star Struck’ by Assistant Creative Director, Monika Serafine – it’s absolutely stellar inspiration.
Where: Townhouse, 88 Great Portland Street, W1W 7NS
Cost: from £35
3. The one-stop beauty shop to get Insta-glamTalk about calling in the glam squad. You can combine a DryBy pedi and Suman brow shape with blow dry and manicure for a top-to-toe glam preening session that’s back-to-back fast. Plus there’s a miracle 15-minute blow dry (dry shampoo wash) for when you’re super strapped for time. The CW staffers love Adrian for his versatility – he offers fashion-forward editorial styles to ad-worthy blow-dries, and has tended the tresses of Olivia Palermo and Dianna Argan.
Where: Hershesons 29 Berners Street, W1T 3 LR
Cost: From £15
4. London’s fastest colouring serviceWe love Mattia for his attention to detail and his deftness with foils. If you require a little brightening up, he can add a lovely sun kissed glow to existing or virgin hair in less than 30 minutes. The perfect pre-party pick-me-up.
Where: Live True London, 2 Voltaire Road, Clapham, SW4 6DH
Cost: £5 (from, per foil)
5. Get into the party moodThe cool London chain of hair salons are not only offering their usual brilliant blow-dry and up-do services but throughout December are also serving bottomless Prosecco for £8 too. We couldn’t think of a better way to get ready to party, can you? P.S They also have a new very Instgrammable branch in Spitalfields.
Where: Duck & Dry, Unit 105c, Commercial Street London E1 6BG (and branches throughout London)
6. The party recovery facial Back-to-back partying can take its toll on you and your skin. However, you can restore some life back into a lacklustre complexion with the new Ultimate Hangover Facial. Sounds gimmicky, but don’t be fooled – it combines holistic massage with the latest non-invasive aesthetics technology to revive, renew, de-puff and detox. Book in with facialist Emma Appleby, who will restore radiance in 45 minutes flat.
Where: L’Atelier Aesthetics, 60 Harley Street, W1G 7HA