Do you know how to ‘face gloss’?
Forget all those sparkly highlighting powders and strobing sticks - these are the only products you need to achieve a lit-from-within glow
If stats are anything to go by, then Pinterest have revealed the search term was up by 89% in 2019. Its USP is it can run the gamut from being realistic and glowy, to a full-on wet-look sheen, and works well on all skin tones, types and ages.
You can layer it over foundation base and powder or apply straight onto bare skin – simply pat over lids, lips and cheekbones, over brows and ever so lightly on the bridge of the nose. The results make you look like you’ve been guzzling litres of Evian and living in a Swiss commune, instead of the inner smoggy city and Champagne-swilling you’ve really been enjoying. Read on to see how you can join the glossy posse.
1. If you’ve applied too much powder or foundation and your face looks flat, a pat of face gloss will bring it back to life in an instant.
2. Use the smallest amount and dab onto cheekbones, the cupid bow, brow bone, lightly on the bridge of the nose or over lips (try centre of the lower lip to make it appear bigger), oh and on the lids too.
3. However, if using on the lids always opt for waterproof mascara, or else you’ll suffer from a mascara meltdown.
4. A setting spray like Huda Beauty Resting Boss Face can help to give it longevity.
5. Carry it with you on the go and it will add a gentle sheen when your face starts showing signs of midday fatigue.
6. And if you need a face gloss dupe – then maybe practise with a little Vaseline or Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant.