How to make your fake or real tan last longer
Read on to find out how you can prolong that summer holiday glow
• Moisturise daily with a light body lotion to keep the skin hydrated: avoid heavy oil-based products, which can break the tan down.
• Avoid acid based creams or washes that contain Glycolic or Salicylic as it can make the tan patchy and uneven.
• Wait at least 6 days before exfoliating to ensure your tan fades evenly.
• Do not wax or shave for 24 hours post tan as this removes layers of skin and will remove the tan too.
• Take cool or warm showers instead of long hot soaks to stop your tan from fading.
1. Imedeen Tan Optimizer at Lookfantastic, £40
Formulated with Beta-Carotene and Lycopene to optimise your tan, helps to prep for sun exposure, and the antioxidants repair when the damage has been done. It has also been known to offer relief if you are very sun sensitive and suffer from prickly heat.
2. Esthederm Tan Enhancing Lotion at CultBeauty, £40
This contains melanin-boosting ingredients to keep hold of your tan plus imparts a subtle shimmer to highlight your glow.
3. Lancaster Tan Maximizer at Amazon, £22
Active ingredients and a Tan Activator Complex tricks the skin into thinking it’s still in the sun, so boosts melanin and in turn, bronziness, plus it’s ultra-soothing and calms any redness, reduces peeling and smells like a holiday in a bottle.