The 2018 Culture Quiz
Culture buffs and bluffers, how well do you remember 2018? Test your knowledge with our serious and silly quiz of the year
2. Which artist staged the self-destruction of his own artwork, which started to shred when it was sold for £1 million at Sotheby’s?
3. It’s been a bumper year for royal weddings, with both Meghan Markle and Princess Eugenie saying 'I Do' at St George's Chapel, Windsor and then slipping into a second dress for dancing. Who designed the gowns?
4. Which seasoned thespian topped of a lengthy career playing Shakespeare by starring as King Lear on the West End?
5. What TV show was the most-watched BBC drama in ten years, with 11 million people tuning in to watch the final five minutes?
6. London is getting two new celebrity-owned bars. Which of the famous men below announced plans to open their own pubs?
7. Who is the most-streamed artist on Spotify this year?
8. Kids (and adults) all around the world have been singing doo doo doo doo thanks an impossibly catchy viral video featuring what kind of infant marine predator?
9. What was the title of 2018’s Man Booker winning novel by Anna Burns?
10. This eyebrow pencil, lipstick and rouge was exhibited at the V&A as part of a sold-out retrospective of which artist?
1. Saoirse Ronan
3. A) Zac Posen, B) Peter Pilotto, C) Claire Waight Keller for Givenchy, D) Stella McCartney
4. Ian McKellen
5. The Bodyguard
6. Idris Elba (The Parrot in Covent Garden) and David Beckham (The Walmer Castle in Notting Hill)
8. Baby Shark
10. Frida Kahlo