Halloween make-up and beauty ideas for 2019
Simple Halloween beauty tricks
We’re taking our cue from the deepest noir to the rich cherry black as seen at the Chanel Cruise 2019/20 show – it’s the perfect winter inspiration that you’ll love and it will take you beyond fright night.
The make-up has a 20s-meets-90s feeling to it. The shiny black mouth with a slight contour has a vintage flapper vibe, while the skin is kept glamorous with a polished complexion achieved with a decent coverage foundation and added glow, so there’s a luminous look to the skin.
Of course, if you do want some help with a ghoulish creation, click here or check out Urban Decay’s easy tutorials right here.
THE BEST VAMPY LIP SHADES
1. Huda Beauty Power Bullet Matte Lipstick in Masquerade at Cultbeauty.com, £22
2. Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in F'n Black at Harvey Nichols, £16
3. Gucci Beauty Rouge à Lèvres Satin Lipstick in Crystal Black, £34
HALLOWEEN NAIL INSPIRATION
Here's our favourite nail art inspiration for Halloween. Simply screen-grab and take it along to your favourite London nail salon for a technician to replicate.
Alternatively, slip on an LBD, and a quick slick of one of the glossy gothic noir shades for that glam goth feel without the commitment of gel. This shade suits all skin tones and might well become your go-to for winter nails, too.
1. Jessica Custom Nail Colour in Black Ice, £11
Chip-resistant with tiny particles of shimmer that catch the light.
2. Nails Inc Atelier Nails Take Me to the Runway, £18
A dark stormy grey looks cool, even minimalist for the day of the dead and beyond.
3. Chanel Limited Edition Le Vernis in Pure Black, £22
A longwear high-shine glossy black that is a chic alternative to vampy reds.