Air-drying is the new blow-drying
Schizophrenic weather is a sure-fire hair spoiler. Here's how to keep your locks under control with minimal effort
1. Start the good work whilst in the shower and opt for a sulphate-free shampoo. Why? Chemicals strip you of natural oils, and can lead to dry, dull and brittle hair. Plus, they ruffle the cuticle, which means more water absorption, and in turn, longer drying time.
Try the sulphate and silicone-free Perfect Hair Day (PhD) shampoo, £19. Buy here
2. Ditch your regular towel in favour of a pillowcase (the fibres are softer and kinder than a towel) or invest in a quick drying, micro-fibre turban by Aquis, £19.50. Apparently, celebrity stylist, Jon Chapman, uses this on Meghan Markle’s thick mane, to make drying time up to 50% quicker. Buy here
3. The Goody QuickStyle™ Paddle Brush, £29.99, is a speedy styler, as this also employs the magic micro-fibre, but on the bristles instead. It has been proven to reduce drying time by up to 40%. Buy here
FOR FINE-TO-MEDIUM HAIR: This cream accelerates drying time, plus gives a little hold and movement, while banishing the frizz.
Buy here2. Bumble and bumble Don’t Blow It Fine (H)Air Styler, £16
FOR THIN HAIR: The lightweight polymers work with hair’s natural texture, but also add a bit of oomph to fine, thin locks. While the UV protection keeps colour safe from the sun.
Buy here 3. Ouai Dry Foam, £24
FOR CURLS: This is dedicated to girls with curls and will control waves, and de-frizz all at the same time.
4. Oribe Matte Waves Texture, £39
FOR OILY TYPES: As it offers medium hold, along with a mattifying formula, for anyone who breaks out in scalp shine throughout the day.
Buy here5. Pureology Smooth Perfection Smoothing Cream, £23.50
FOR FRIZZY, DRY AND THICK HAIR TYPES: This serum is humidity resistant and eliminates frizz and fly-aways.
1. Invest in Alighieri’s The Over Thinker Hair Tie (£195) – it’s the most lust-worthy accessory for 2018, and will make hair look great, whether wet or dry.
Buy here2. This 90s-esque hair accessory has taken Pinterest by storm. Images saved are apparently up by 2198%. It’s also a brilliant wet hair hack, as it doesn’t leave any kinks, when you decide to let loose.
3. Or go vintage style – with a boho head band. Plait hair, leave to dry and then simply release for pretty waves. We love Missoni’s crochet-knit version at Net-a-Porter (£160) for taming out of control fringes, and highlighting your (fake) summer tan.